Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It's a Food Review! Takahachi Bakery!

So.... after a long day at work and the previous day shoveling 12+ inches of snow, I decided that I needed some sugary sweet treats. I happen to pass by Takahachi Bakery on my way to the office and I decided to look it up on Yelp. Yes, I look up food places before I decide to go to them (so I know what to choose!). Here we go!


Takahachi Bakery

Location: 25 Murray Street, New York, NY 10007


Anyways, off I went to the bakery and bought two desserts to go. The bakery itself is cozy. When I went in I was greeted nicely by the staff. They have a variety of foods, from salads and sandwiches to breads, cakes, and macaroons. If I wasn't in a hurry to head back home (it was cold!), I would have chose a few more food items to try. I bought a Matcha Crepe and a Kyoto Matcha Mousse. They were a little more than $5 each. Behold! Feast your eyes on these cuties. 




The one on the left is the Kyoto Matcha Mousse and the one on the right is the Matcha Crepe. I find the packaging of the mousse is standard, but the crepe is pretty innovated. I've never seen a crepe wrapped up in what looks to be a newspaper (but it's tissue paper!). Anyways, onward!




I ate the mousse first since everyone was raving about the crepe. This dessert is a lovely mix between the green tea mousse, red beans, almond flavored cake and jello thing. I ate each piece alone and found the mousse to be ok, the red beans to be standard, and almond jello and cake thing to be missing something. However, when you eat a bite with a bit of everything, it pleasantly satisfied my sugar craving and the balance was good. (I wouldn't know if the chocolate was good, I gave that and half the mousse to my little sis.)

So, I took the newspaper tissue wrapping off the crepe and it looks rather boring, kinda like a green burrito. At first, I was a bit skeptical about if this thing would taste good because I've only eaten crepes hot and fresh. Anyways, once you rip this thing open, you find yourself with a crazy good treat. Inside this crepe is whipped cream and a red bean paste. Each and every bite, you'll get a good amount of matcha crepe, cream, and red beans. It was sweet, light, and absolutely delicious. 

My sis and I both agreed that this crepe is the better dessert treat of the two. If I was still in the bakery, I would have ordered at least another one so my sis and I wouldn't have to share! After this experience, I believe that I will head back to Takahachi Bakery every once in awhile to get their desserts and try their other items. While their items are a bit pricier than what I am used to (Chinese bakeries are usually cheap and tasty), I find the quality is totally worth it.

You guys should totally try this bakery out!

No comments:

Post a Comment